Saturday, July 14, 2012

Easy Gardening!

(My scallions after the first few weeks!)
"The next time you have green onions, don't throw away the white ends. Simply submerge them in a glass of water and place them in a sunny window. Your onions will begin to grow almost immediately and can be harvested almost indefinitely. We just use kitchen scissors to cut what we need for meals and periodically empty out the water, rinse the roots off and give them fresh water."

(Quote from Homesteading/Survivalism on FaceBook)


Let me tell you that this has worked like a charm! I'm not the best at gardening so being able to grow my own veggies without the hassle of pots and dirt has been wonderful. Plus it adds a nice decoration to my kitchen! 


(Here are my scallions still going strong after a couple months. Sorry instagram and the lighting made them look a little funky.)

After a few months the roots got too long for the little glass I had originally put them in so I moved them to this fun tiki cup I got this summer! Now it looks like I have some sort of tiki chia pet, which is totally fine with me! His hair is super adorable and tasty! ^_~


For more plant ideas that you can regrow from mature plants and stones check out the Empress Of Dirt!
(Wowwy!)









No comments:

Post a Comment