Sunday, January 29, 2012

Am I Alone Here? (The Gamer Husband)

(This picture has nothing to do with this post)
I'm sure plenty of you readers out there have boyfriends, husbands, fiancés , or partners that are gamers so you can empathize with me on this. Or maybe you enjoy the occasional video game yourself. Either way you know that you can't just play one little game. If you're going to play a video game you're usually in it for at least an hour. If it's a computer game you might as well take the day off (I am addicted to the Sims 3)!


So I ask you: Does it ever piss you off when your spouse is playing video games while you're doing housework?


It is a tricky situation for me because in truth, I like to be the one who cleans everything. I like being in control and knowing exactly where everything is and have no problem with him playing his games. He works hard and he deserves time to unwind. MY particular problem comes from him actually playing the game, and me getting bored so I start cleaning, then out of my boredom I become super productive and get a ton of stuff done! Then I look over at him and seeing that he's still playing video games and doing absolutely nothing! And for some reason it makes me mad...even though I TOLD him to play video games!


Am I alone here?


I'm not going to mention it to him, no use in making him feel bad for no reason. Plus I should really be thanking him! When he's playing and I'm bored and need to find something to do, I really do end up getting a lot of shit done and organized. ^_~


THANX HUBBY! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment