Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekly Chore List?


 I was reading another housewife blog about the typical Weekly Chore List of a 1950's Housewife and I have to admit...I was pretty intimidated.

Here's Why:
1) There's no way that I would/could clean my house that thoroughly all the time. I mean, I clean out my refrigerator (once or twice a month) but I don't CLEAN my refrigerator every week. Maybe if people were coming over or something, but other than that, I wouldn't do it.
2) There are some things I just don't know how to do. I'll admit it, there are some chores that I don't know how to do! Like ironing, not only could I not do it every week (all day) I've never done it ever! My Mother, who is also a Domestic Goddess, never liked to iron and when she did she certainly didn't teach me (she liked to do all of those chores herself).
3) I have ADD and it's hard for me to stick to a set chore list because I get distracted by other things I need to clean. For Example: I'm vacuuming the living-room, notice the DVDs/CDs are out of order and rearrange them, dust the media case, notice the TV is also dusty, dust the TV, the xbox, the computer, and the entertainment center, resume vacuuming, notice the plant needs to watered, etc etc. lol

I guess that's why I'm a Domestic Goddess and not a 1950's Housewife. lol ^_~

So I ask you: 
Are you intimidated as you read through the list of a 50's Housewives chores or do you think you could keep up? Do you follow a weekly chore list or clean as needed? Be honest! I really wanna know! :D


NOTE: This post is all in good fun and not meant to make anyone feel bad. Every Domestic Goddess (and 50's Housewife) has their strengths and weaknesses. ^_~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment